We are seeking a contract designer to bring a fresh perspective to the printed Voiceworks journal. The designer will be responsible for the design and layout of each issue of Voiceworks. The Voiceworks Designer is paid a contract fee of $1,900 per issue of Voiceworks.
- In collaboration with the Voiceworks Editor, design and layout at least two, and up to four, issues of the journal per year, in both print and digital formats
- Liaise with and supply print-ready documents to printers, and assist the Voiceworks Editor and CEO to review and approve proofs
- Supply final PDF and InDesign files of the journal to the Editor for digital distribution
- Design promotional images to be created for the Voiceworks website and social media as required
- With an understanding of the Voiceworks style, maintain and enhance the recognisably Voiceworks and Express Media elements of the magazine, keeping audience development objectives in mind
- NB while this role does not necessarily include cover illustration, if illustration is an interest and skill of the successful candidate there is the possibility of also delivering these with additional fees associated, on negotiation with the Editor and CEO
HOW TO APPLY
While you don’t need to be under 25 to apply for this role, we strongly encourage young people, design students and recent graduates to apply.
Your application must include:
- A cover letter
- A current CV including the contact details of two referees
- A statement addressing each of the selection criteria (one page total)
- A portfolio of work demonstrating skills in graphic design and layout or links to your website
Your application must be saved as one file (word or PDF) with your name as the file name.
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line APPLICATION: VOICEWORKS DESIGNER. Applications that do not follow the above process will not be considered.
Applications close 18th of May 11:59PM AEST. Interviews for the position will take place in the week of 23rd of May 2022.
For further information, contact Jesse Oliver, General Manager / CEO at email@example.com.
We offer volunteer and internship opportunities throughout the year, which may be program-specific or across the organisation.
Volunteers and interns have previously worked in communications, administration, event management and program management roles. Volunteer roles working on Voiceworks include editorial committee members, proofreaders and the Voiceworks Administration Internship.
Please keep an eye on our social media channels for regular call outs and opportunities to get involved.
HOT TIPS ON APPLYING FOR ROLE WITH US
Whenever we publish opportunities to this site, we outline the application process in the position description. Make sure to read it carefully.
Regional Arts Victoria has published this helpful resource on how to apply for a job in the arts including how to approach key selection criteria.