4 May 2015
Buzzcuts – Melbourne Fringe 2015 Editor Position
Buzzcuts is a program that trains young writers and broadcasters in critical arts reviewing. After running successfully in 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014, the program will again include Melbourne in 2015, with the support of Express Media and Melbourne Fringe.
We’re on the lookout for a new Buzzcuts Editor to coordinate all the reviewers as well as editing and uploading their reviews to our website. Please have a look below for info, and download the Buzzcuts Editor Position Description – Melbourne Fringe.
- Coordinate a group of volunteer arts reviewers
- Liaise with our contacts at theMelbourne Fringe
- Arrange review tickets in coordination with the Melbourne Fringe Box Office Team
- Ensure the timely delivery of reviews to publication sites
- Manage the Buzzcuts website as well as edit and upload reviews
- Contribute to an evaluation report on the project
- The position is voluntary and may fit quite well with study in project or arts management.
- The position is for four months from mid-June 2015 to mid-October 2015, requiring a few hours a week for the first three months and then the equivalent of at least one day a week for the remainder. Please note: the position may require some work each day during the Melbourne Fringe 2015 (September 16 to October 4) and some work may be done from home.
- Applicants should be able to start work from the week beginning June 22, 2015
- The actual days/hours per week to be negotiated.
- The intern reports to and is supervised by the Creative Producer.
- The intern is covered by appropriate insurance while working at Express Media, and is provided with a workstation and a friendly working environment
- Self motivation: the ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- The ability to manage and support small teams of volunteers
- Time-management skills: the ability to set and work to deadlines, and to coordinate and manage multiple tasks
- Superb communications skills, both oral and written
- Expertise in word processing, email and internet applications and familiarity with spreadsheets
- An interest in Express Media’s mission and target audience development groups
- Desirable: Editing and publishing experience
- Desirable: Web management knowledge and experience, experience with Excel
Applications close 9am Monday, May 25 2015.
Please download the position description here for further details on how to apply.