12 January 2016
2016 Buzzcuts Reviewers – Adelaide Fringe Festival
Buzzcuts is a program that trains young writers and broadcasters in critical arts reviewing taking place at festivals around Australia.
CALLING YOUNG REVIEWERS
In February and March 2016, Express Media will engage 4 reviewers aged 25 or under to take part in Buzzcuts during the Adelaide Fringe Festival. Prior to the festival, program participants engage in a workshop on arts reviewing, preparing them for an intense month of experience and professional development. Writers then take on the responsibility of attending and reviewing shows as a member of the media and their work is published on the Buzzcuts website.
- Attend a skills development workshop for reviewers on Saturday February 6 (time and venue TBC)
- Attend and review a minimum of eight events during the 2016 Adelaide Fringe Festival
- Following each show, submit reviews for editing and publication on the Buzzcuts website
- Complete a project evaluation survey at the completion of the volunteer period
- Other duties as directed by the Buzzcuts Adelaide Fringe Editor
- The position is voluntary and may fit well with study in the arts, media, editing or writing
- The position is from February to March 2016, requiring approximately 8 hours a week
- Days/hours per week to be negotiated with Buzzcuts Adelaide Fringe Editor
- The volunteer reports to and is supervised by the Buzzcuts Adelaide Fringe Editor
- The volunteer must advise the Buzzcuts Adelaide Fringe Editor if they are unable to attend a scheduled show
- The volunteer is covered by appropriate insurance while working at Express Media
- Self-motivation – the ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Time-management – the ability to set and work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Communication – outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Alignment – commitment to demonstrating Express Media’s core values
- Previous experience in arts reviewing is desirable although not requires
HOW TO APPLY
Your application must include:
- Your contact information including your name, address, date of birth, email and contact phone number
- A cover letter outlining why you would like to be involved and any experience you have in the relevant area.
- A 300 word sample review of a film or performance of your choice.
Save all files as one PDF document and send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org (use subject line APPLICATION: ADELAIDE FRINGE BUZZCUTS REVIEWER).
For further information please call Express Media on (03) 9094 7886 and speak to Pippa Bainbridge, General Manager / CEO.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday January 20, 2016.