10 November 2015
2016 Buzzcuts Editor – Perth Fringe World Festival
Buzzcuts is a program that trains young writers and broadcasters in critical arts reviewing. After running successfully in Perth in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 15the program will again include Perth in 2016, with the support of Express Media, and FRINGE WORLD Festival.
We’re on the lookout for a new Buzzcuts Editor to coordinate all the reviewers as well as editing and uploading their reviews to our website. Please have a look below for info, and download the position description for further details on how to apply.
- Coordinate a group of volunteer arts reviewers
- Liaise with our contacts at FRINGE WORLD
- Liaise with artists of FRINGE WORLD to coordinate artist interviews
- Arrange Fringe review tickets in coordination with the FRINGE WORLD Box Office Team
- Present a Buzzcuts Reviewing Workshop for participating writers
- Ensure the timely delivery of reviews and interviews to publication sites
- Manage the Buzzcuts website as well as edit and upload reviews
- Contribute to an evaluation report on the project
- The position is voluntary and may fit quite well with study in project or arts management.
- The position is for three months from December 2015 to February 2016, requiring a few hours a week for the first month and then the equivalent of at least one day a week for the remainder. Please note: the position may require some work each day during the FRINGE WORLD Festival 2015 (January 22 to February 21) and some work may be done from home.
- Applicants should be able to start work from the week beginning 1 December 2015.
- The actual days/hours per week to be negotiated.
- The intern reports to and is supervised by the Creative Producer.
- The intern is covered by appropriate insurance while working at Express Media, and is provided with a workstation and a friendly working environment
- Self motivation: the ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- The ability to manage and support small teams of volunteers
- Time-management skills: the ability to set and work to deadlines, and to coordinate and manage multiple tasks
- Superb communications skills, both oral and written
- Expertise in word processing, email and internet applications and familiarity with spreadsheets
- An interest in Express Media’s mission and target audience development groups
- Desirable: Editing and publishing experience
Applications close 9am Monday November 30, 2015
Please download the position description here for further details on how to apply.