31 August 2016
10 literary events coming up in September that you don’t want to miss
With the sunshine finally peeking through the clouds, it is the perfect time to celebrate the start of spring and go along to exciting literary festivals and events. As always, there are a range of programs happening across the country, check them out below…
1. September 1-11: Brimbank Writers & Readers Festival, Sunshine, VIC
Go along and participate in workshops, author talks, panel discussions. Held over 11 days the festival has a range of exciting events for all literature lovers.
2. September 2-4: Whitsunday Writers Festival, Airlie Beach, QLD
How does listening to inspirational speakers, motivating workshops and panel discussions by the breathtaking views of the Coral Sea sound?
3. September 6-16: Poetry on the Move, Canberra, ACT
Are you a passion poet? Check out this poetry festival, with readings and workshops held by over 50 poets!
4. September 7-11: Brisbane Writers Festival, Brisbane, QLD
Presented by UPLIT the festival will explore connection and belonging, alongside a team of writers from around the world.
5. September 7-11: Write Around The Murray, Albury, NSW
Celebrating 10 years, the festival is excited to bring a program that delves into personal and cultural memory. Events will include author talks, workshops, panel sessions and more!
6. September 9-11: Batemans Bay Writers Festival, Batemans Bay, NSW
Head to beautiful Batemans Bay for a line-up of workshops, author talks and discussions designed to develop your writing skills.
7. September 9-11: Avon Valley Readers and Writers Festival, York, Toodyay & Northam, WA
Bringing an assortment of interactive workshops, talks, discussions, book signings, readings and panel discussions, this festival is not one to miss!
8. September 16-18: St Albans Writers’ Festival, St Albans, NSW
Get ready for an exciting program that encompasses a range of genres including fiction, crime, fairy stories, social commentary, politics, food and travel writing.
9. September 26 – 2 October: Tasmanian Poetry Festival, Launceston, TAS
Kicking off with a twilight cruise on the Tamar River, expect a festival jam-packed with workshops, masterclasses and poetry readings.
10. September 29 – 2 October: National Young Writers’ Festival, Newcastle
Come along to one of the country’s largest gatherings of young and innovative writers and enjoy panel discussions, workshops, launches, performances, readings and more!