For over 30 years, Voiceworks has been more than just a national literary journal, featuring exciting new writing and art by young Australians. Voiceworks is a training ground for young editors, a confidence booster for young writers, an important stepping stone for emerging artists, and ultimately, a supportive community by and for young creators under 25.
Wow! Voiceworks sounds amazing!
Yeah, we think it’s great!
But what really makes Voiceworks special is the vibrant and unique community that surrounds it. This includes the Voiceworks team, Express Media, and the thousands of young storytellers submitting and contributing to Voiceworks, as well as our valued Voiceworks subscribers!
We love our subscribers (in fact, we couldn’t survive without you). We rely on subscribers in order to continue paying our storytellers and printing four chock-a-block issues a year, as well as to help us facilitate and publish Voiceworks online.
Your $60 subscription will not only help us cover costs, but is proof of your investment in young Australian voices.
And now, with the 2019 Voiceworks Subscribe-a-thon raring to go, there’s never been a better time to subscribe to Voiceworks!
What is the Voiceworks Subscribe-a-thon?
Like Christmas, the Voiceworks Subscribe-a-thon only comes around once a year, and just like Christmas, it’s a celebration, it’s a warm fuzzy feeling, it’s a time of giving (and receiving).
This year our Voiceworks Subscribe-a-thon will be running from the 6th of October through to the 23rd of October (11:59PM AEST)
Express Media is a not-for-profit organisation that runs on the goodwill, hard work, passion of volunteers, staff and, of course, Voiceworks subscribers.
As a treat for renewing or subscribing, each year we celebrate with a Voiceworks Subscribe-a-thon, where for a limited time, we put up a whole tonne of amazing goodies and prizes that you can be in the running to win just by subscribing to Voiceworks!
But most importantly, you can be safe in the knowledge that your subscription is going toward paying young storytellers for their incredible work, and sharing that work far and wide all across Australia.
So, you said something about prizes?
We did indeed!
Subscribe to Voiceworks during our 2019 Voiceworks Subscribe-a-thon (October 6th – October 23rd) and not only can you expect to see four chock-a-block issues of Voiceworks in your mailbox, but you automatically go into the running to win:
Everyone who subscribes during the 2019 Voiceworks Subscribe-a-thon automatically goes in the draw to win one of these major prizes.
- 2x VIP 2020 Midsumma Festival passes (valued $900)
- Daylesford Getaway! (4 person accommodation)
- 1x 1 year The Big Issue Subscription (valued $155)
- 1x Subbed In Chapbooks Pack (10 x Subbed In chapbooks)
- 1x Giramondo Book Pack
- 1x SA Writers Centre and Express Media membership
- 1x Dinner On Us! The Moat dinner voucher (Valued $200)
- 1x Westerly Pack (5x latest issues + 12 month subscription)
- 5x Crikey 1 year subscriptions
- 1x Poets Pack (Rabbit Poets Series Books + 1 year subscription, Red Room Poetry Keep Cup, a Poets to Share pack and 1x Giramondo Book Pack)
- 1x Night Out On Us! (Yarra Yerrings 2017 Pinot Noir Wine *valued $110, 2x 2-for-one tickets Lido Cinema)
- 1x Print Council of Australia 1 year membership (includes 4x Imprint magazine issues)
- 2x Writers Victoria 1 year memberships
- 1x 1 year Overland subscription
Subscribed during the 18 days of the 2019 Voiceworks Subscribe-a-thon? Nice– you’ll automatically go in the running to nab one of these awesome prizes on the day you subscribe!
- 3x New Australian Fiction, Kill Your Darlings
- 15x book packs, Scribe, Penguin Random House, UQP, Text Publishing, Black Inc and Magabala
- 1x Growing Up book pack, Black Inc
- 1x Archer Pack, Archer
- 4x Double Passes, Nova Cinemas
- 4X Double passes, La Mama Theatre
- 1x White Terrazzo Curve earrings, Aacute
- 1x Double Pass John Waters, Sydney Opera House
- Museum Passes, Museums Victoria
Further descriptions and prize announcements to come keep an eye on our social media #VWSub19.
So, what are you waiting for? Subscribe to Voiceworks today!