To be eligible, applicants must:
Eligibility Requirements To be eligible, applicants must:
– Be a person with an underrepresented gender or sex. This includes cis women, trans women, trans men, non-binary people, intersex people, gender diverse and those who are otherwise marginalised.
– Be aged 16 to 30 at the commencement of the fellowship on 1 March 2021
– Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
– Propose a suitable project that aligns with the theme of ‘Challenge’, and the values of Express Media and The Kat Muscat Fellowship.
The 2021 Kat Muscat Fellowship will open November 9 2020 and closes January 10, 2021.
What Can I Apply For?
The Kat Muscat Fellowship offers professional development up to the value of $5,000 in 2020. These funds may be used towards professional development opportunities, including, but not limited to: mentoring, residencies, interstate travel, or project fees.
The final budget will be developed in consultation with, and managed by, Express Media.
Vision: What is your idea and proposed project?
Impact: What impact will the Kat Muscat Fellowship have on your artistic practice and career, and what is the potential impact of your project on the wider community?
Capacity: What relevant experience or track record have you demonstrated, or how can you outline your personal and creative potential to make this project happen?
Feasibility: How will you realise or execute your proposed project, and is it achievable within the budget and timeframe of the Fellowship?
The Custodial Committee of The Kat Muscat Legacy Projects, which includes members of Express Media’s board and staff, the Muscat family and appointed community members, will select successful applications.
At the completion of the fellowship, the successful applicant will be required to provide a report on the activity undertaken throughout the year.
This report will be retained for Express Media and the Muscat family for their records and may be used to promote the Fellowship in future years. Guidelines for reporting will be provided to the fellowship recipient by Express Media.
How To Apply
Applications will only be accepted from individual writer and editors, not collectives, groups or existing publications.
Your application must include:
- A 1-page CV outlining your previous experience as a writer or editor. This CV must include the names and contact details of at least 2 referees.
- A statement detailing your project or idea that addresses each of the Selection Criteria, to a maximum of 2 pages.
- An excerpt or example of your work up to 1000 words.
- For writers, this may be an excerpt from a longer work, a completed short work, or a collection of poems.
- For editors, this may include an editorial, statement of intent for the project, or example of work that demonstrates your skills in curation, assessment, and feedback (i.e. the before and after of an edited work).
Your application may also include up to 3 letters of support from peers, colleagues or other professionals of standing that demonstrate how the supporter would be involved in your project.
Do you have a question regarding your application?
Please contact Express Media by email on email@example.com.