23 November 2014
Seeking: Marketing and Development Coordinator
We are currently on the lookout for a Marketing and Development Coordinator here at Express Media. The position itself will begin as 0.2 EFT, with an aim to increase in hours throughout the year dependent on successful grants and fundraising.
This role is key for the development of Express Media as a national organisation, so we’re looking for someone passionate and driven. It might suit a recent Marketing and Communications graduate with previous experience in a similar job, or a freelancer with an interest in Literature and the Arts.
Please see below for conditions or click here to download the full position description.
- Help develop and deliver the marketing, promotional and social media strategy for the 2015 program of events and publications, which will include:
- Develop a tactical PR program to raise the profile of Express Media, drive media opportunities for the organisation and promote specific initiatives
- In coordination with Communications Intern, produce and manage content for social media channels, e-newsletters, the website and our blog.
Sponsorship & Development
- Help develop and deliver the Fundraising, Sponsorship and Development strategy and program, which will include:
- Under the direction of the General Manager, develop and deliver a sponsorship campaign tied to our anniversary celebrations, including schedules of benefits
- Help attract project-related media and develop/maintain contra partnerships
- Identify partnership and advertising sales opportunities and draft tailored proposals
- Ensure sponsor and advertiser benefits are delivered and that contractual obligations are fulfilled
- Managing relationships with partners and advertisers, including maintenance of contacts database
- Deliver a yearly marketing and communication report
- The position is 0.2 EFT at $35,000 pro rata ($7,000 per year) plus 9.25% superannuation
- The position EFT is expected to increase through successful grant applications and fundraising during 2015
- The Marketing and Development Coordinator is paid for one working day per week (day of the week and regular hours of work to be negotiated) and understands that the requirements of the position will involve some work outside these hours
- The position reports to the CEO
- All Express Media staff are employed under annual, renewable contracts subject to funding conditions
- The position is located at the Express Media office, The Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne
- The Marketing and Development Coordinator is covered by appropriate workers compensation insurance while working at Express Media, and is provided with a workstation and a friendly working environment
- A sound understanding of Express Media as an organisation and a commitment to Express Media’s stated values
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Previous experience in a similar position; implementing successful marketing, promotional and publicity campaigns with an arts or events-based organisation
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and partners
- Excellent knowledge of social media and online communications, particularly within the arts
- The ability to respond to direction, and work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to set and work to deadlines and coordinate multiple tasks
HOW TO APPLY
Your application must include: 1) Your covering letter; 2) Your statement, briefly addressing each of the selection criteria; and 3) Your current CV, all saved as one document.
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org (use subject line APPLICATION: MARKETING AND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR)
Applications close 9am, Tuesday 16th December 2014. Interviews to be held in early January.