19 May 2015
National Young Writers’ Month – 2015 Program Released
National Young Writers’ Month takes place during the month of June. This year’s program, Find Your Words, involves an exciting range of online and offline activities that connect young writers across the country. The Express Media website will transform into a dedicated hub where you can discover a variety of events and helpful, stimulating resources. It’s where we share everything that’s happening in our own backyard and beyond in order to motivate and connect creative young Australians.
This year we’re connecting young writers from all around Australia to find out what’s happening in our own backyard and beyond. We have an action-packed series of online events that you can take part in from the comfort of your own couch; launches for Voiceworks #100 in Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Wollongong, Adelaide and Hobart, and are shining the spotlight on work being done by Australia’s young wordsmiths.
If you’re not sure how to pitch an idea to editors, begin plotting your story, or edit your work effectively, we’ve got you covered. We’ll be asking the big questions like ‘how do I stay motived to write?’ and ‘can I make a career out of this?’ as well as guiding you through the nitty-gritty of ABNs and invoicing.
So whether you’re working on your first review or finishing a manuscript, join us for National Young Writers’ Month and meet your writing goals.
Highlights from this year’s program include:
- An action-packed series of fourteen live-streamed online events, with thirty incredible young artists such as Oliver Mol, Zoe Norton-Lodge, Eliza Henry-Jones, Katie Parrish, Neha Kale and Kaitlyn Plyley, discussing everything from how they began writing to best practice for managing a successful freelance career
- The launch of Voiceworks #100, our special double-issue in Sydney, Wollongong, Canberra, Adelaide, Hobart and Brisbane
- Competition launches including the John Marsden and Hachette Australia Prize for Young Writers and The Scribe Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers
- A Spotlight On series highlighting the best and brightest young writers from around Australia, selected by Express Media and open to NYWM participants
- A daily blog filled with focused writing tips, inspiration, exercises and recommended reading
- A new Pen Pal project, connecting young writers from across Australia
Download the 2015 National Young Writers’ Month Program now
To stay updated, become an Express Media member or follow us on Facebook and Twitter and use the #NYWM15 hastag. We also host the National Young Writers’ Facebook group, a community of around 1900 young writers all over Australia.