7 July 2014
Buzzcuts – Melbourne Fringe Festival 2014 Contributor
BUZZCUTS 2014: MELBOURNE FRINGE FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER CONTRIBUTOR (aged 18-24, volunteer)
Position description, selection criteria and how to apply
Buzzcuts is a program that trains young writers and broadcasters in critical arts reviewing. In 2014 we are once again returning to the Melbourne Fringe Festival.
- Attend and review a minimum of two shows at the 2014 Melbourne Fringe Festival;
- Advise the Buzzcuts Melbourne Coordinator if they are unable to attend a schedule performance;
- Submit reviews for publication on the Buzzcuts website in a timely manner following a performance;
- Complete a project evaluation survey at the completion of the volunteer period; and,
- Other duties as directed by the Buzzcuts Melbourne Coordinator.
- The position is voluntary and may fit quite well with study in professional writing and editing, arts and theatre.
- The position is casual for the duration of the festival, requiring a few hours a week. All work will be done from home.
- The actual days/hours per week to be negotiated.
- The volunteer reports to and is supervised by the Buzzcuts Melbourne Project Coordinator
- The volunteer is covered by appropriate insurance while working at Express Media
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit the following three things to Lefa Singleton Norton at email@example.com:
1. Your contact information including your name, address, date of birth, email and contact phone number
2. A cover letter outlining why you would like to be involved and any experience you have in the relevant area.
3. A 300 word sample review of a film or performance of your choice.
4. An indication of which art forms you would most like to review at the Melbourne Fringe Festival.
Applications close 9am, Monday 21 July.