25 May 2015
Buzzcuts – Melbourne Fringe 2015 Contributors
Buzzcuts is a program that trains young writers and broadcasters in critical arts reviewing. After running successfully in 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014, the program will again include Melbourne in 2015, with the support of Express Media and Melbourne Fringe.
We’re on the lookout for a stellar new team of Buzzcuts contributors for the 2015 Melbourne Fringe.
- Attend two two-hour induction workshops for reviewers in early July and early September 2015, exact date and location TBC;
- Attend and review a minimum of three shows at the 2015 Melbourne Fringe;
- Attend the Melbourne Fringe ‘Speaking to the Media and Publicity’ artist forum and interview artists for Session 1 of ‘5×5’ speed-dating;
- Attend the Melbourne Fringe ‘Critical Feedback’ artist forum and interview artists for Session 2 of ‘5×5’ speed-dating
- Write a minimum of two interviews with Melbourne Fringe artists;
- Advise the Melbourne Fringe Buzzcuts Editor if they are unable to attend a scheduled show;
- Submit reviews and interviews for publication on the Buzzcuts website in a timely manner following a show;
- Complete a project evaluation survey at the completion of the volunteer period; and,
- Other duties as directed by the Buzzcuts Melbourne Fringe Editor.
- The position is voluntary and may fit quite well with study in media, editing or writing.
- The position is for three months, from July to October 2015 , requiring a few hours a week. Most work will be done from home.
- The actual days/hours per week to be negotiated.
- The volunteer reports to and is supervised by the Melbourne Fringe Buzzcuts Editor
- The volunteer is covered by appropriate insurance while working at Express Media
- Self-motivation: the ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Time-management skills: the ability to set and work to deadlines, and to coordinate and manage multiple tasks
- Superb communications skills, both oral and written
- Expertise in word processing, email applications and familiarity with spreadsheets
- An interest in Express Media’s mission and target audience development groups
- Desirable: Experience in arts reviewing
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL 5PM SUNDAY JUNE 28.
Please download the position description here for further details on how to apply.