3 January 2015
Buzzcuts – Adelaide Fringe Festival 2015 Reviewers (ages 18-24)
Buzzcuts is a program that trains young writers and broadcasters in critical arts reviewing. In 2015 we are once again working with Adelaide Fringe Festival!
- Attend a two hour induction workshop for reviewers in late January 2015, exact date and location TBC;
- Attend and review a minimum of three shows at the 2015 Adelaide Fringe Festival;
- Advise the Buzzcuts Adelaide Editor if they are unable to attend a scheduled show;
- Submit reviews for publication on the Buzzcuts website in a timely manner following a show;
- Complete a project evaluation survey at the completion of the volunteer period; and,
- Other duties as directed by the Buzzcuts Adelaide Editor.
- The position is voluntary and may fit quite well with study in media, editing or writing.
- The position is for four weeks from February to March 2015, requiring a few hours a week. Most work will be done from home.
- The actual days/hours per week to be negotiated.
- The volunteer reports to and is supervised by the Buzzcuts Adelaide Editor
- The volunteer is covered by appropriate insurance while working at Express Media
- Self motivation: the ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Time-management skills: the ability to set and work to deadlines, and to coordinate and manage multiple tasks
- Superb communications skills, both oral and written
- Expertise in word processing, email and volunteer applications and familiarity with spreadsheets
- An interest in Express Media’s mission and target audience development groups
- Desirable: Experience in arts reviewing
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit the following three things to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Your contact information including your name, address, date of birth, email and contact phone number
2. A cover letter outlining why you would like to be involved and any experience you have in the relevant area.
3. A 300 word sample review of a film or performance of your choice.
***WE’VE EXTENDED THE APPLICATIONS UNTIL 9am MONDAY JANUARY 12th***
Applications close 5pm, Tuesday January 6 2015.