8 December 2014
Buzzcuts – Adelaide Fringe Festival 2015 Editor (ages 18-24)
Buzzcuts is a program that trains young writers and broadcasters in critical arts reviewing. In 2015 we are once again working with Adelaide Fringe Festival!
We’re on the lookout for a new Buzzcuts Editor to coordinate all the reviewers as well as editing and uploading their reviews to our website. Please have a look below for info, and download the position description for further details on how to apply.
- Coordinate a group of volunteer arts reviewers
- Liaise with our contacts at the Adelaide Fringe Festival
- Arrange Fringe review tickets in coordination with the Adelaide Fringe Box Office Team
- Ensure the timely delivery of reviews to publication sites
- Manage the Buzzcutswebsite as well as edit and upload reviews
- Contribute to an evaluation report on the project
- The position is voluntary and may fit quite well with study in project or arts management.
- The position is for three months from mid-January to March 2015 requiring a few hours a week for the first month and then the equivalent of at least one day a week for the remainder. Please note: the position may require some work each day during the Adelaide Fringe Festival 2015 (February 13 to March 15) and some work may be done from home.
- Applicants should be able to start work from the week beginning January 19 2014.
- The actual days/hours per week to be negotiated.
- The intern reports to and is supervised by the Creative Producer.
- The intern is covered by appropriate insurance while working at Express Media
- Self motivation: the ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- The ability to manage and support small teams of volunteers
- Time-management skills: the ability to set and work to deadlines, and to coordinate and manage multiple tasks
- Superb communications skills, both oral and written
- Expertise in word processing, email and internet applications and familiarity with spreadsheets
- An interest in Express Media’s mission and target audience development groups
- Desirable: Editing and publishing experience
- Desirable: Web management knowledge and experience, experience with Excel
Applications close 9am Tuesday January 6, 2015.
Please download the position description here for further details on how to apply.