10 November 2015
2016 Buzzcuts Reviewers – Perth Fringe World Festival
Buzzcuts is a program that trains young writers and broadcasters in critical arts reviewing. After running successfully in Perth in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 the program will again include Perth in 2016, with the support of Express Media, and FRINGE WORLD Festival.
- Attend two workshops for reviewers on January 4 and 18 2016 at The West Australian Office;
- Attend and review a minimum of four shows at the 2015 FRINGE WORLD Festival;
- Conduct and write a minimum of two interviews with 2015 FRINGE WORLD Festival artists;
- Advise the Buzzcuts Perth Editor if they are unable to attend a scheduled show;
- Submit reviews and interviews for publication on the Buzzcuts website in a timely manner following a show;
- Complete a project evaluation survey at the completion of the volunteer period; and,
- Other duties as directed by the Buzzcuts Perth Editor.
- The position is voluntary and may fit quite well with study in media, editing or writing.
- The position is for four weeks from January to February 2015, requiring a few hours a week. Most work will be done from home.
- The actual days/hours per week to be negotiated.
- The volunteer reports to and is supervised by the Buzzcuts Perth Editor
- The volunteer is covered by appropriate insurance while working at Express Media
- Self motivation: the ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Time-management skills: the ability to set and work to deadlines, and to coordinate and manage multiple tasks
- Superb communications skills, both oral and written
- Expertise in word processing, email and volunteer applications and familiarity with spreadsheets
- An interest in Express Media’s mission and target audience development groups
- Desirable: Experience in arts reviewing
Please download the position description here for further details on how to apply.
Applications close 9am Monday November 30, 2015.